Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Invites Finished!

You may have read my publish the other week about a project I was working on at work with an event invitation. Well we finally finished most things envolved with this. The idea for this invitation was that it looked like a medical file. The event was at a medical park, and was catering to dental and medical professionals. Practices who would be needing office space and included information and benefits about owning your own office space, with any sort of information your may need to get your office going is to be presented and discussed.
The printing specs of it were pretty simple. We had the cover printed on a stock that is the same as a yellow file folder (it was the size of any regualar birthday card) and we only printed on the inside. We printed the inserts in house.
That included assembling 4000 invitations, ahhhhh! That amount is just obscene, rediculous and wasteful. I tried my hardest to get them to stay with 2000 pieces. But the client decided since it costs the same to print 500 as it does 4000, they figured go big.
At first I didn't think that the assembly would be bad, after all its just a wrap and two pages clasped together inside. But, you have to stuff them in and envenople that also needs to be addressed. There were so many steps involved actually. It was fairly easy to get the two pages together on the inside of the invite. But he wrapping took a bit more time. The wraps needed to be folded before they went on the invite cover, and then glued with a quarter inch tab, with a glue stick.
We ended up have a few different assistants teaming up each doing a different step. It took us 4 days to get them all completed and a total of about ten people worked on them.
I included the digital files, and a couple photos that I just snapped on my desk here with my iPhone.











Oh, and the delicious dinner I made last night:) Indian twice baked sweet potatoes and Curry chicken, mmmmmm.

1 comment:

Megan said...

looks like yummy food! You can cook for me!