Saturday, January 24, 2009

Good Shot

This week on my way home I was sitting waiting for my next bus to arrive, sitting in front of the a NBC building downtown. Then one of the new buses pulls up and I see this great photo. I remember there is this contect with the transit company in san diego, and I had been hoping to catch a good shot for the contest. The grand prize is a round trip air fare to any place continental us. So I quickly pulls out my iPhone and grabbed the shot. As I was looking through my pictues last night, when I saw that I had caught the reflection of san diego on the bus. Sweet man, I didn't even know that when I took the shot. So I figured that was my shot for the contest. Its probably more abstract than what they were looking for, but I figure not a lot of people are going to submit entries for this contest, so I might have a decent shot. Let's hope I do!

Also, next week end I'm having my 25th bday celebration.

Last time I talked to Jozef he told me about these candle light hot air balloons that he set off on New Years. I thought that would be a great way to mark the milestone of 25 years. So I've ordered 25 of the sky lanters. I was going to make them to save the money, but then I thought that I would be sending out 25 plastic trash bags into the atmospere. I thought that was quite a contridiction for me as I am super ardent about not using plastic bags at the grocery, and reusing the ones I have. the sky lanterns are biodegradable so thats a clencher. Plus the cost of making 25 would only be about 20 bucks cheaper than buying them, not factoring the time it would take to make them.
Were having it at Fiesta Island, which is an awesome spot in San Diego, an island right in the middle of the bay, just sand and fire pits. So awesome location cause well bbq, hang out/party, and launch the balloons to a georgous san diego coast line scene while around the bon fire. Pretty frickin cool if I might say so. So Im pretty excited.

Plus theres tons of shows coming up! Tons! Tonight is TSOL, which is a classic 80's punk band. I think they are like a mix of misfits and billy idol, pretty sweet. Tomorrow is tapes n tapes at the casbah. They are an awewome indie band, just the antihsis of indie hipsters. Awesome fun good tunes. Good design stuff too. THEN next weekend after my party, the screemin yee haws are playing with the Adolescents (another old school, well late 80s punk band) at casbah. Then the 1st we got Springsteen at the Superbowl, which is the only reason why I plan on watching the game. He is one of the artists that just gets better with age. AAAANND, thats right, Im not done, Hank Williams III is playing the 2nd. Hes a crazy mix of cow punk/ hillbilly/ punk music. Damn Right Rebel Proud is one of those albums that just gets you hootin and hollering and most often leads to trouble, but fun all the way down. So, its going to be a good couple of weeks. Can't wait.

No comments: