Friday, December 19, 2008

Awesome-Ness

Browsing around on Letter Cult, and awesome type website, and came across and awesome found alphabet. When I was in college, one of the assignments was to create your own alphabet. There were a couple really great original alphabets, but most we easy and obvious executions. These however, are so awesome that my socks shot off (rock my socks off). I love the first one because its something that you possibly see everyday, but its seeing it differently. I took a similar picture once when I was out, and it could be a W, but they found the WHOLE alphabet.


This one I found from the Communication Arts Design Annual (which is a graphic designers National Geographic). I thought this was great because its the A-Z's of Modern Chairs! This was made as a poster to be in the store.

On Wed I went to see one of my heros. Mike Ness was playing here on the 16-17th. This was the second time this year I saw him. Mike is the lead singer of Social D, one of my all time faveorite bands. This is his 'solo' band, but its still most of the guys from Social D, just playing different music. They play like old country/rockabilly stuff. Lots of Carl Perkins, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash and artist of the like. I managed to snag a spot like one row back from the stage, which is the closest I have ever been, It was soo great. The only bummer thing was, I forgot my phone in my purse, DOH! But a couple guys standing by me had a nice camera and I exchanged bc's with them, so Ill get photos shortly.
I felt really awful after the show because on Friday I had my widsom teeth removed, and ran out of Vicoden on Wed. So my hootin and hollering, along with whistling (which really hurt) really did a number on my jaw. So painful, but it was worth it.


No comments: