Thursday, March 13, 2008

West Coast Tree Company

So after about a week and a half of working on logos for a freelance client of mine. I finally finished up the first comps. This was actually a cool and fun logo to do. Being the name is West Coast Trees, that allows for some cool 'west coast' elements. I could have gotten carried away, but I will leave that for if he wants a t shirt.
Looking at them all together, I pleased with what I was able to draft up for him. I think its a wide range but still good stuff.
But man, let me tell you, I AM SO SICK OF PALM TREES. If you'll observe, there are a lot of different palm trees, I didn't just draw one and use it over and over. No, Each one of those was painfully and backbreaking (well, more like neck paining) drawn by my own hand. I gathered a bunch of different pidctures of Palm trees, then most of them were too low quality to zoom in to get a good view (because I had to draw each flipping leaf on most)so I had to trace them then scan them in. Yup, fun stuff. Its easier doing that and working with a line drawing and a picture reference because its hard to make it out a lot when Im drawing around pixels. There was one version/concept that I really liked but I couldn't get it to work out.
Well, with out further adu-


I will let you know which one they decide to use.
Well,l hopefully finally I will be able to get a good nights sleep, and not stress out about these!!

No comments: